What You Can’t See Can Hurt You…in the Wallet.
Buying or selling a home can be stressful, to say the least. And yet, as overwhelming as it can feel at times, it’s also easy to overlook an item or two.
The condition of underground sewer lines is one such example. As in, if all the sinks and toilets drain and flush properly, it’s easy to assume that all’s well. But that’s not always the case.
Next thing you know, you close on the house and, before you know it, trouble erupts…the kind that can result in a big repair you weren’t counting on and just didn’t need.
So what’s the answer? Request a pre-purchase sewer line video inspection from Swan’s Complete Plumbing.
CCTV Camera Sewer Inspection
The sewer main to your home is located underground and connects either to a municipal sewer line or septic tank. Swan’s certified technicians know exactly what to look for and can detect most issues with our video inspection cameras…all for your added knowledge and peace of mind.
How to Prevent Sewer Damage
Here are just a few of the problems frequently seen and diagnosed during a sewer main video inspection:
- Tree or shrub roots can infiltrate a sewer line and form a mass that could require all or part of the line to be repaired or replaced.
- Shifting soil can cause broken, collapsed, cracked, or misaligned pipes.
- Grease or some other mass could be causing a blockage which gradually restricts water flow, causing slow drainage or a backup.
- Older pipes or those made from anything other than PVC can deteriorate, collapse, and restrict flow or stop it all together.
- When a pipe “bellies,” or sinks into the ground, it creates an area for waste to converge.
- If the seals between the pipes have broken, sewage can escape into the area surrounding the pipe resulting in unwanted odors. Noxious fumes can make you and your family sick!
If trouble is detected, the video evidence we provide can result in a fair resolution prior to closing. Like a home inspection, a video sewer main inspection safeguards you against unwanted repair (or replacement) issues and costs.
For more information or to request a pre-purchase sewer main video inspection, contact Swan’s Complete Plumbing today.