Things happen around your house you’d rather not have to deal with. That’s the name of the game. Still, it’s a whole lot easier to respond when a problem is staring you in the face vs. the kind that tends to sneak up on you, gathering momentum along the way.
Take a blocked sewer line, for example. Most of it resides underground, so you’re not supposed to see it. But that doesn’t mean you can’t tell when trouble is brewing. Just be alert to these common warning signs.
- Higher-than-normal water bill. If you can’t account for a significantly higher bill, chances are the cause is a problem with your sewer line that has led to a crack or leak.
- Reduced water pressure. If water is leaking from one or more of your drain pipes, there’s bound to be reduction in the amount of water pressure you experience throughout your house. If there’s reduced water pressure at just one tap of appliance, then something else is causing it.
- Unpleasant odours. Once a sewer line cracks, you’re bound to experience telltale odours you could easily live without.
- One blocked drain problem after another. An occasional blocked drain problem is to be expected. But one after another? That suggests there’s a bigger problem going on, and one that won’t resolve itself.
- Patches of lush, green grass. What’s inside your sewer line is great for trees, shrubs, bushes, and more. Should some of it escape, it’s going to flow toward the surface and nourish whatever’s above it. So, be on the lookout for damp or lush patches of lawn that seem out of place.
If you’re experiencing one or more symptoms of a blocked or cracked sewer contact Swan’s Complete Plumbing today. We have everything it takes to accurately diagnose and repair the problem in the shortest amount of time possible. Plus, with our trenchless drain repair and replacement equipment, we can keep your yard in tact to help you avoid unnecessary digging and the expense that goes with it. Contact us for more information or to schedule service today.